As principal of the Aviary Group, Monika knows how to get the best out of organizations and individuals alike. Combining positive attitude, superior communication skills, creativity and humour, Monika’s consulting and coaching sessions are highly productive and consistently well-received. Her conflict resolution and mediation skills combine a neutral, fact-finding approach with a well-honed sensitivity that facilitates the calm and efficient resolution of disputes.
Monika delivers policies and programs on a variety of contentious issues, specializing in conflict management, alternate dispute resolutions, diversity, change management, harassment prevention, and internal investigations. In her over twenty-five years of experience, Monika has investigated and mediated disputes ranging from single issue interpersonal conflicts to complex matters involving systemic discrimination and policy reviews. In addition to mediating existing challenges, Monika crafts dynamic policies and procedures to minimize potential conflicts and optimize workplace efficiency and attitude.
As a coach, trainer and Human Resource Consultant, Monika displays a knack for clarity and concision. She offers practical, easy-to-understand training for employees and managers, empowering them with the knowledge and tools necessary to manage their workplace effectively. Monika happily combines management reviews with needs assessments to provide her clients with customized training, coaching, counseling and action plans.
Author of several publications, including her quarterly newsletter Keep in Touch and her book – co-authored with Stephen Covey – Success Simplified, Monika also produces management-geared handbooks on such topics as conflict management and workplace change.
- PhD Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Honours BA in Sociology & Criminology
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Management
- Certificate from the Canadian International Institute of Applied Negotiation
- Certificate in Community Dispute Resolution Techniques
- Advanced Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Psychology (NLP)
- Master Practitioner in Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Psychology
- Registered Professional Trainer with the Canadian Professional Trainers Association
- Certified Member of the Association for Integrative Psychology
- President of the Society for Conflict Resolution in Ontario
- Qualified Mediator and member ADR Institute of Ontario
- Roster Mediator, Ontario Mandatory Mediation Program (OMMP)
- Roster Independent Complaint Facilitator, Community Care Access
- Member of the Independent Consultant Association